Here's all our basic information for processing the DRC documents:
Please use the service of your choice (i.e. FedEx/ExpressMail/UPS) to mail your documents to:
The Assistant Stork
2144 Aquia Drive
Stafford, VA 22554
Our phone number is: 540-659-6845
Please be sure to sign the "waiver of signature" on your package if you send your documents via ExpressMail. We are in DC processing dossiers when the mail carrier arrives. There is a special place the mail carrier leaves the dossiers that only he or she can see from our door, not visible to the street. This is not necessary with UPS or FedEx, but please do not REQUIRE a signature. Do not bother sending your package any faster than Priority Overnight. We live far enough away from the airport that First Overnight does not get here until long after Steve has left for DC.
Please email us your tracking number when you send your documents so we'll know to look for them.
1. A check made out to "The Assistant Stork" for our fee of $75 for the first document, $20 for each additional document.
2. A personal check, business check, cashier's check or money order made out to "U.S. Department of State" for $8 per document. We fill out the submission sheet for the US DoS, not you. Please do not include a DS-4194.
3. A money order or cashier's check (they won't accept personal checks) made out to "Embassy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo" for $250.00 per document.
4. Your original documents
5. A complete photocopy of your documents (document, county seal - if applicable - and State Seal). Please make your copies in black and white. Staple each set of copies to match the originals.
6. A note with your email address and phone numbers so I can reach you if there are any problems.
7. A prepaid, self addressed FedEx/UPS/ExpressMail (whichever you prefer) envelope for us to send you back your documents. If you choose to send FedEx or UPS, please get an account number. They are free and will save you money. Go to fedex.com, ups.com, or usps.com to create your labels. Do not give us a Priority Mail label to send out your completed documents unless you have created the return mailing label on-line at usps.com. We will not send back anything not trackable. This is for your protection as well as ours.
8. A self addressed, stamped envelope for us to send you back your receipts, if we are forwarding your document to your agency instead of back to you.
Please call or email at email@example.com if you have any other questions. Our number is 540-659-6845 and we're available M-F from 9AM-4PM EST.