Please use the service of your choice (i.e. FedEx/ExpressMail/UPS) to mail your documents to:
The Assistant Stork
2144 Aquia Drive
Stafford, VA 22554
Our phone number is: 540-659-6845
Please be sure to sign the "waiver of signature" on your package if you send your documents via ExpressMail. We are in DC processing dossiers when the mail carrier arrives. There is a special place the mail carrier leaves the dossiers that only he or she can see from our door, not visible to the street. This is not necessary with UPS or FedEx, but please do not REQUIRE a signature. Do not bother sending your package any faster than Priority Overnight. We live far enough away from the airport that First Overnight does not get here until long after Steve has left for DC.
Open your passport and lay it flat to put inside the envelope. Make sure those passports don't FEEL like passports from the outside.
Be sure to use the new Application Form. It's found on:
Scroll down on the page.
Please email us your tracking number when you send your documents so we'll know to look for them.
1. A check made out to The Assistant Stork for my fee of $65 for one visa - or - $50 each for two or more visas.
2. A money order, company check or cashier's check (they won't accept personal checks) made out to "The Embassy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo" for your visas. See visa form for the latest fees.
3. Your passport(s) with at least 6 months validity remaining.
4. Two completely filled out visa applications (with photos paper-clipped). Photos should be full face, front view, bareheaded passport-photo-style, 2" x 2". No artistic/glamor photo, group photo, and photocopy of photo is acceptable. They do not want you to attach the photo. Please just paperclip it to your application.
5. A copy of your "green card" or I-94 if you are not a US citizen.
6. A copy of an International Certificate of Vaccination showing immunization against yellow fever
7. A letter from the company assuming all financial responsibilities for the traveler
8. An invitation letter notarized in the DRC
9. A copy of the travel itinerary from an authorized travel agent
10. A prepaid, self addressed FedEx/UPS/ExpressMail (whichever you prefer) envelope for us to send you back your documents. If you choose to send FedEx or UPS, please get an account number. They are free and will save you money. Go to fedex.com, ups.com, or usps.com to create your labels. Do not give us a Priority Mail label to send out your completed documents unless you have created the return mailing label on-line at usps.com. We will not send back anything not trackable. This is for your protection as well as ours.
Visas are processed in 3 business days for regular passports, 1 day for Diplomatic or Official passports.
Please call or email if you have any other questions. My number is 540-659-6845 and we're available M-F from 9 AM-4 PM EST.