The State Department will only let a person take through 15 documents per day. If you have more than 15 documents, we have to make two trips. So that'll take an extra day and we will have to divide your documents. Please write one check to the US Dept of State for the first 15 ($120) and another check for whatever is left over those 15. You do not need to write two checks to the Embassy. We will take all your documents to the Embassy together.
Please use the service of your choice (i.e. FedEx/ExpressMail/UPS) to mail your documents to:
The Assistant Stork
2144 Aquia Drive
Stafford, VA 22554
Our phone number is: 540-659-6845
Please be sure to sign the "waiver of signature" on your package if you send your documents via ExpressMail. We are in DC processing dossiers when the mail carrier arrives. There is a special place the mail carrier leaves the dossiers that only he or she can see from our door, not visible to the street. This is not necessary with UPS or FedEx, but please do not REQUIRE a signature. Do not bother sending your package any faster than Priority Overnight. We live far enough away from the airport that First Overnight does not get here until long after Steve has left for DC.
Please email us your tracking number when you send your documents so we'll know to look for them.
1. A check made out to "The Assistant Stork" for $75 for the first document, $20 for each additional document.
2. A check made out to "U.S. Department of State" for $8 per document. (Two separate checks if more than 15 documents.)
3. A money order (they won't accept personal checks) made out to "TECRO" for $15 per document = 2-3 day turnaround.
4. A copy of your passport or driver's license (does not need notary)
5. A notarized limited Power of Attorney giving "Stephen Morrison" permission to submit and pick up your documents
6. A complete set of photocopies of your documents - we will photocopy the US Dept of State's seals
7. A prepaid, self addressed FedEx/UPS/ExpressMail (whichever you prefer) envelope for me to send you back your visa. (If you choose to send FedEx or UPS, get a FedEx or UPS account number. They are free. Go to http://www.fedex.com or http://www.ups.com You can print your label right off your printer!
8. A self addressed, stamped envelope for us to send you back your receipts if your documents are being forwarded by us to your agency
9. A note with phone numbers where I can reach you if there are any problems. Please include the name, contact name and number of your Adoption Agency. If we can't reach you, we can usually reach them.
For more information, please check out our "Courier Service" page on our website: http://www.asststork.com Please call or email if you have any other questions. Our number is 540-659-6845 and we're available M-F from 9AM-4PM EST.